Monday, June 11, 2012

Art on Products - Colorful Garden Coordinating Placemat Setting

The colorful abstract garden was fun to create. It started with lines drawn in a spiraling pattern, then adding shapes within the spaces. Once I filled in the spaces, a decided upon a garden. So I separated the area in to three different sections. The top would be the sun and sky, the middle would be the flowers, the lower part would be ground and grasses. I also added a stream.

Some spaces, I decided, had too many things in them, so when I started painting, I just painted over the extra lines, and painted flowers and such on top. What was created was colorful, abstract, and fun.


Here is the colorful abstract garden printed on a placemat:

I picked some of the flower designs and painted a larger version of them in a pattern, on the same color background.

Here are purple brassica flowers printed on a teapot:

Here are purple aster flowers printed on a mug:

Here are yellow daisy flowers printed on a coaster:

Here are yellow jasmine flowers printed on a plate:

Here is a different type of purple aster printed on a pitcher:

As you can see, there are a lot of options for mixing. Pick one design for everything, or mix it up with two or more of the designs.

To see all the different abstract flower garden products, visit my CherylsArt store at Zazzle.com.

Let me know what you think; I appreciate it.

Browse more abstract garden products from Amazon:




Cheryl Paton