Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Koi Fish Designs on Shirts Puzzles and More


Koi fish are so interesting looking. I was inspired by some of them at a park that I had visited to make these designs here.

The ones that I saw were either a mix of orange and white or orange and black. The background of their swimming area was shades of green.

I decided to group them together as if they were having a meeting; like a "school" of fish.

Here they are pictured on a puzzle. You can choose from an 8 by 10 or 11 by 14 inch size.


I decided to have some fun and made a photo of the taped in design, showing them in blue. I taped in the fish before I painted the background and they turned out pretty cool. Here they are printed on tee shirts.


Before they were all taped in, they started out as outline drawings. Here they are printed on tee shirts; you can wear them plain or have fun painting them in. If you paint them in, I recommend acrylic paint markers, and to place a smooth sheet of cardboard between the layers before painting.


Which is your favorite version of the koi fish design?

You can see them on more products in my CherylsArt store at Zazzle. If you would like any of these designs pictured on other products available at Zazzle, just let me know in an email to creative-brushstrokes@comcast.net or through my Zazzle store.

Thank you for your visit.

Cheryl Paton