Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Art on Products, Dragonfly Painting

I saw this dragonfly when we were on vacation. It was perched on a rail outside on the patio. I wondered if he would he stay there long enough so that I could take his picture. He did! I love the coloring and the delicate looking, yet strong wings. I love painting things from nature. He was a delight to see. May you enjoy this colorful dragonfly too.

Here he is on greeting cards to help send your message. The front of the card says, Buzzing your way... The inside says, to wish you a happy day.


Dragonflies are commonly found near fresh water. There is a pond that is approximately 1/2 mile from where I live, and a river that is about 1-1/2 miles away, in the opposite direction. We do have the sightings of dragonflies where we live in West Virginia, in the spring and summer.

I thought this handsome dragonfly would make a lovely puzzle. You can choose from a variety of puzzle sizes, and also the number of puzzle pieces, from easy to challenging.



I referred to this dragonfly as a he, but actually, I don't know whether it is a male or a female. Male dragonflies have a bulge on the underside near the abdomen, whereas the female underside is smooth.

Here is the same dragonfly done in watercolor for a softer look:



I hope that you enjoyed my dragonfly options and hope you enjoy more dragonfly sightings.

Cheryl Paton

No comments:

Post a Comment